Saturday, July 31, 2010

#4 Wheeler Historic Farm



Want a quick escape to the country, to where the pace is a just a bit slower? Where you can relax while eating a picnic lunch, feed ducks, or try your hand at milking a cow? From the historical late 1800's farmhouse to the charming out buildings that house turkeys, chickens and pigs, Wheeler Farm has something for everyone.




Located in the middle of the Salt Lake Valley at 6351 S. 900 E. in Murray, Wheeler Farm welcomes everyone to take a leisurely stroll around the farm, and visit the animals. Best part? It's free! They do offer a historic farmhouse tours & hayrides (both which cost a modest $2.00 each per person) and cow milking which starts promptly at 5pm (.50 cents each).

I love relaxing under the big old growth trees, hearing the sound of the babbling creek and the voices of my children at play. A place where I can just....breathe. A welcomed respite from the traffic and the pressures of the city.

While you are there, stop by the north side of the turkey house. You might find at home my children's favorite animal to visit; a little farm rat that they call Templeton (from Charlotte's Web). He's been dutifully overseeing the goings on of the farm for a few years now.


I hope you enjoy the farm as much as my family and I do. Tell Templeton I sent you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment